Rizal, officially the Municipality of Jose P. Rizal, is a 1st class municipality in the province of Palawan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 50,096 people.
Prior to its formation as a separate municipality, the place was known as Tarumpitao Point and was part of the Municipality of Quezon. By virtue of Batas Pambansa Blg. 386, it was formed as a municipality on April 14, 1983, called Marcos. It was renamed after José Rizal in 1987 through Republic Act No. 6652
- Give recognition to Indigenous people. Tribal games, Tabad Mixing contest, traditional song & dance competition.
- This event can be held during the fruit season, and at the same time showcasing Rizal as the FRUIT BASKET OF PALAWAN.
- Tour along the Canipaan River and see up close and personal lots of crocodiles.
- Trekking adventure to the Mantalingahan range.
- Routes are as follows:
- Bunog (entry point)
- Mantayob falls
- Sumindop cave
- Ilian falls & Ilian cave
- Arisurang falls
- Madiplak falls
- Sumigay falls
- Little bagiuo
- Danao lake
- Turbong falls
- Pines valley
- Muslod falls
- Buar-buar falls
- Taut batu caves
- Trekking exits are in every barangay (depends on the capacity of the trekker).
- Camping sites should be near a river/village, and they have options of having a cultural show/presentation from the village tribesmen.